High Innovation in Maintenance Processes
The Engineering department aims to cover all project technical requirements from the design of tools, machinery, improvement of parts, facilities, documentation, as well as turnkey projects and the development of design projects that facilitate maintenance by means of practical and efficient solutions.
We specialise in developing engineering projects for national and international rolling stock refurbishments.
The main services we provide are as follows:
DEVELOPMENT OF COMPREHENSIVE PREVENTIVE AND CORRECTIVE MAINTENANCE PLANS
The engineering department performs a complete study of the maintenance projects to pinpoint all the requirements. (Requirements of the personnel, materials, facilities, tools, production processes, etc…)
PRODUCTION ENGINEERING AND DEVELOPMENT OF MECHANICAL ITEMS ( Reverse engineering of components)
At CFM we have both the expertise and the capacity to design mechanical components based on a sample, defining materials, production processes as well as their dimensional and geometrical tolerances. Designs are always prepared in line with current standards.
CFM executes refurbishment and upgrade projects, designed to comply with the requirements of each and every customer. The modification projects achieve improved vehicle operation, installing new technologies as well as improved vehicle reliability, with the vehicles fitted with new equipment.
COMPREHENSIVE RAILWAY ENGINEERING SOLUTIONS
- Electronic component or equipment obsolescence solutions.
- Electronic board and equipment design and production.
- Improved equipment reliability.
- Production of automatic test benches.
REVIEW OF REQUIREMENTS AND DESIGN OF EQUIPMENT SOLUTIONS.
- Railway maintenance special tooling design.
- Design of tools and templates for metrology.
- Maintenance workshop conceptual design.
REVIEW OF DAMAGED ITEMS AND POSSIBLE SOLUTIONS
- Non-destructive tests on materials and welds (ultrasound, dye penetrant, magnetic particles, endoscopy, analysis of oils and greases).
- Recovery of recreation of parts..
- Design of modified parts.